The draw in the Graffham St Giles 2020 Christmas Fair raffle took place on Sunday 13 December.
Jeeva had the honour of picking the tickets from the tombola, with the Rev Vivien overseeing and raffle supremo Phil Jones noting the winning numbers.
Prize winners – detailed below – are being contacted now to arrange handing over their goodies.
The raffle generated more than £2,000 for St Giles – with thanks to all the generous donors of the amazing prizes and to the very many who bought tickets.
Who won what
- A luxury hamper of Christmas treats, courtesy of the Graffham Village Shop Association – Jane Pickering
- Six quality bottles (three red, three white) from the Wine Society – Sam Major
- A beautiful door swag by Georgie MacQueen – Marion Wardell
- Delicious traditional home-made Christmas cake – Leslie
- A bottle of Aberlour 10-year-old single malt Scotch whisky – Mrs Seal
- A special ‘From the Rectory’ collection of produce – Tracey Carr
- Six bottles of silky smooth Spanish red wine – Martin Buckley
- A seasonal Danish marzipan cake ‘Mazarin Kage’ – Chris Leaver
- Assorted M&S goodies, including a bottle of Amaretto – Mr and Mrs Petter
- Bottle of fizz, popcorn and chocolates for a Graffham Empire Movies night in – Carole Sargent
- A bottle of Smith Woodhouse 2000 vintage port – Fiona Jacob
- A potted apple tree for your garden – Julie Tupper
- Hand sewn patchwork bag by Jo Morris – Alison Davidson
- Hardback copy of new Robert Harris WW2 thriller V2 – June Challen
- A scrumptious box of chocolates – Rita Hilton
- Bumper pack of Toblerone chocolate bars – Mr Harting
- Seven fab fragrances – Anthea Hodgett
- Basket of seasonal treats – Karin Skanberg
Note: While most of the photos in the above slideshow are of the actual prizes, a few are stock images to portray likenesses.
How it worked
Two books, each of 10 tickets (costing £1 a ticket), have been delivered to each household in the village with the December edition of Graffham Parish News. Don’t feel you have to buy them, but it would be wonderful if you do. More are available from Graffham Village Shop, if you want them. Please return any unwanted tickets to the postbox at Grove Cottage, on the bend close to the shop. Or recycle them.
To enter, please fill in each ticket stub with your surname and phone number. Then, hand in the stubs at the village shop. If paying with cash, insert the tickets and cash in a sealed envelope. You can also pay by card (in which case just hand in the stubs at the shop):
- Online at www.stgilesgraffham.org/giving-online. Don’t mark you payment for Gift Aid as it is not eligible in this case.
- At the St Giles raffle table outside the village shop (subject to COVID-19 restrictions) between 10 am and 12 noon on Saturdays 5 and 12 December and other dates to be advised on Facebook’s Graffham Noticeboard.
Once your payment has been verified, your tickets will be entered in the draw, which will be made on Sunday 13 December.
Winners will be notified and displayed on this page, village noticeboards etc.
For any queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch out for more prizes here and at Graffham Village Shop – where some of the prizes will be on display.
Don’t miss out on the auction, home produce and craft stalls!
Don’t forget that there are also lots of amazing treats and goodies to be snapped up in the Graffham St Giles Great Virtual 2020 Christmas Fair Auction and Home Produce and Craft Stalls. Click on the links below to find out more.